- Program Overview
- Plenary Speakers
- Panel Discussion
- Parallel Sessions
- Musical Evening
- Location Map
The Department of Economics and the Centre for Development Economics at the Delhi School of Economics will hold the 11th Annual Winter School, during December 13-15, 2016.
For the past decade, the Winter School has hosted a series of lectures by some of the world’s leading economists. Each invited speaker delivers two or three talks, providing perspective and surveying the latest research in their field of expertise. These lectures and informal interactions with the visiting scholars have been an invaluable source of knowledge and capacity building for faculty, scholars and students. The conference also hosts selected young scholars from across the country, who attend the invited lectures and present their own research results.
Prominent speakers in past Winter Schools include Nobel laureates Eric Maskin (Harvard) and Thomas Sargent (NYU), as well as distinguished scholars like Ariel Rubinstein (Hebrew University), Dilip Abreu (Princeton) and Charles Manski (Northwestern).
The distinguished Plenary Speakers for this year are:
- Professor Abhijit Banerjee (MIT, USA)
- Professor Glenn Loury (Brown University, USA)
- Professor Gita Gopinath (Harvard University, USA)
- Paper submission deadline: September 30, 2016 (Extended till October 15, 2016)
- Notification of decisions: November 1, 2016
- Final program: December 1, 2016
- Conference dates: December 13 – 15 , 2016
Rohini Somanathan, Parikshit Ghosh and Dibyendu Maiti
Centre for Development Economics
Delhi School of Economics