|Forthcoming CDE Seminars|
- Manoj Pant (ex-CITD, JNU)
Topic : Global Growth and Development: Why Emerging Countries Matter? Date: May 26, Thursday at 3:005 PM IST (online)
|Past CDE Seminars|
- Kartik Misra (Sewanee: The University of the South)
Topic : To Reform and to Procure: An Analysis of the Role of the State and the Market in Indian Agriculture Date: May 19, Thursday at 3:05 PM IST,
- Devesh Roy (IFPRI)
Topic : Farm outcomes in Bihar: Impacts of reforms and other things including public programs Date: Friday, May 13, 2022, 3:30 – 5:00 PM IST.
- Sutirtha Sinha Roy and Roy van der Weide
Topic : Poverty in India Has Declined over the Last Decade But Not As Much As Previously Thought Date: May 12, Thursday at 3:05 PM IST, (offline)
- Prof. Kenmai Tsubota, University of Toyo and Institute of Development Economics, Chiba, Tokyo
Topic : Economic and Environmental Impacts of Dedicated Freight Corridors in India Date: May 11 , Wednesday at 3:05 PM IST.(offline)
- Anirban Kar and Dr Sugata Bag (Delhi school of Economics)
Topic : Made in Heaven, Matched by Parents” : Does Arranged Marriage Restrict Labour Market Autonomy and Participation of Women? Theory and Evidence from India Date: April 7, Thursday at 3:05 PM IST, (offline)
- Dr. Sanjay R. Singh (University of California)
Topic : The long-run effects of monetary policy Date: April 1, Friday at 8 PM IST .
- Alex M. Thomas (Azim Premji University).
Topic : Economic Crises and/in Economics Education Date: Thursday, 17th March 2022 at 3:05 PM IST .
- Ranjan Ray (Monash University, Australia)
Topic : Can Cultural Links and Shared Language Transcend Country Divide? Evidence from West Bengal (India) and East Bengal (Bangladesh) on Fertility Rates Date: Thursday, 24 February, 2022 at 3:05 – 4:35 PM IST.
- Devika Dutt (University of Southern California in Los Angeles, California)
Topic : Exorbitant Privilege or Ultimate Responsibility: Access to the International Lender of Last Resort Date: Thursday, 10th February, 2022 at 3:05 PM IST.
- Ruhi Sonal (IIT Jodhpur)
Topic : Sequential Entry and Perfect Equilibrium Date: Thursday, 13 January, 2022 at 3:05 PM IST.
- Rohit Azad (Jawaharlal Nehru University)
Topic : The Indian Green Deal Date: Thursday, 6th January, 2022, at 3.05 PM IST.
- Dr. Srishti Yadav (Department of Economics, University of Manitoba, Canada)
Topic : Caste, Diversification, and the Contemporary Agrarian Question in India: A Field Perspective Date: Thursday, 30 December 2021 at 4:00 PM IST.
- Sujata Visaria (Hong Kong University of Science & Technology)
Topic : Clientelism and Ideology: The Rise of Hindu Nationalist Politics in a Former Left Stronghold Date: Friday, 10 December 2021 at 3:30 PM IST.
- Anjali Priya Verma (Department of Economics, The University of Texas at Austin)
Topic : Disruptive Interactions: Long-run Peer Effects of Disciplinary Schools Date: Thursday, 2 December 2021, 6:00 PM IST.
- Ms. Mrinalini Jha (Post-Doctoral Fellow,Azim Premji University) and Mr. Rahul Lahoti (Researcher, ETH Zürich)
Topic : “Who was Impacted and How? Poverty and Inequality in Covid times in India” Date: Thursday, 28 October 2021 at 3:30 PM IST.
- Sam Asher (Johns Hopkins University)
Topic : The Long-run Development Impacts of Agricultural Productivity Gains: Evidence from Irrigation Canals in India Date: Friday, October 1, 2021 | 10.00 – 11:30 AM IST.
- Debopam Bhattacharya (University of Cambridge)
Topic : Incorporating Social Welfare in Program: Evaluation and Treatment Choice Date: Friday, September 17, 2021 at 3.30 PM IST.
- Pallavi Choudhuri (NCAER) & Sonalde Desai (University of Maryland)
Topic : Lack of access to clean fuel and piped water and children’s educational outcomes in rural IndiaTBA Date: Thursday, 19 August 2021 at 6:00 PM IST.
- Sandra Mortal and Vishal Gupta (University of Alabama)
Topic : Gender and Managerial Job Mobility: Career Prospects for Executives Displaced by Acquisitions Date: Thursday, 5 August 2021 at 3:00 PM IST.
- Kadambari Prasad (Vice President, Compass Lexecon)
Topic : To talk or not? Competitive effects of information exchange between market makers Date: Thursday, 29 July 2021 at 3:00 PM IST.
- Jaideep Roy (University of Bath and Shiv Nadar University)
Topic : Democracy and the Marginalized Date: Thursday, 22 July 2021 at 3:00 PM IST.
- Komal Sahai (Indian Statistical Institute, Delhi)
Topic : What Can(not) Explain the Gap? Evidence and Decomposition of Gendered Stream Choice in India Date: Thursday, 8 July 2021 at 3:30 PM IST.
- Workshop by Gaurav Arora (IIITD)
Topic : Spatial Statistics and Spatial Econometrics (Lectures + Practical Sessions) Date: Saturday, 26 June 2021 from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM IST and Thursday, 1 July 2021 from 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM IST.
- Public Lecture by Melissa Dell
Topic : Persistence and Transformation in Economic Development Date: Thursday, 10 June 2021, at 6:30 P.M. IST.
- Deepti Goel (Azim Premji University, Bengaluru)
Topic : Drivers of Student Performance: Evidence from Higher Secondary Public Schools in Delhi Date: Friday, 23 April 2021 at 3:00 PM IST.
- Anirban Mukherjee (Calcutta University)
Topic : Economic Geography of Contagion: A Study on COVID 19 Outbreak in India Date: Thursday, 8 April 2021 at 3:00 PM IST.
- Prof. Stefan Voigt (University of Hamburg)
Topic : The economics of emergency constitutions – with a special focus on India Date: Thursday, 1 April 2021 at 3:00 PM IST.
- Aaditya Dar (Indian School of Business)
Topic : Irrigation and Structural Transformation: Evidence from India Date: Thursday, 25 March 2021 at 3:30 PM.
- Anisha Sharma (Ashoka University)
Topic : The Unintended Consequences of a Ban on Sex-Selection on the Educational Attainment of Women Date: Thursday, 18 March 2021 at 3:00 PM IST.
- S Anukriti (World Bank)
Topic : Women’s Access to Family Planning: Experimental Evidence on the Role of Peers and Vouchers Date: Thursday, 4 March 2021 at 6:00 PM IST.