|Forthcoming CDE Seminars|
- Debopam Bhattacharya (University of Cambridge)
Topic : Incorporating Social Welfare in Program: Evaluation and Treatment Choice Date: Friday, September 17, 2021 at 3.30 PM IST.
- Sam Asher (John Hopkins University) & Paul Novasad (Dartmouth College)
Topic : TBA Date: Friday, 1 October 2021.
- Sujata Visaria (Hong Kong University of Science & Technology)
Topic : TBA Date: Friday, 19 November 2021 at 3:00 PM IST.
|Past CDE Seminars|
- Pallavi Choudhuri (NCAER) & Sonalde Desai (University of Maryland)
Topic : Lack of access to clean fuel and piped water and children’s educational outcomes in rural IndiaTBA Date: Thursday, 19 August 2021 at 6:00 PM IST.
- Sandra Mortal and Vishal Gupta (University of Alabama)
Topic : Gender and Managerial Job Mobility: Career Prospects for Executives Displaced by Acquisitions Date: Thursday, 5 August 2021 at 3:00 PM IST.
- Kadambari Prasad (Vice President, Compass Lexecon)
Topic : To talk or not? Competitive effects of information exchange between market makers Date: Thursday, 29 July 2021 at 3:00 PM IST.
- Jaideep Roy (University of Bath and Shiv Nadar University)
Topic : Democracy and the Marginalized Date: Thursday, 22 July 2021 at 3:00 PM IST.
- Komal Sahai (Indian Statistical Institute, Delhi)
Topic : What Can(not) Explain the Gap? Evidence and Decomposition of Gendered Stream Choice in India Date: Thursday, 8 July 2021 at 3:30 PM IST.
- Workshop by Gaurav Arora (IIITD)
Topic : Spatial Statistics and Spatial Econometrics (Lectures + Practical Sessions) Date: Saturday, 26 June 2021 from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM IST and Thursday, 1 July 2021 from 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM IST.
- Public Lecture by Melissa Dell
Topic : Persistence and Transformation in Economic Development Date: Thursday, 10 June 2021, at 6:30 P.M. IST.
- Deepti Goel (Azim Premji University, Bengaluru)
Topic : Drivers of Student Performance: Evidence from Higher Secondary Public Schools in Delhi Date: Friday, 23 April 2021 at 3:00 PM IST.
- Anirban Mukherjee (Calcutta University)
Topic : Economic Geography of Contagion: A Study on COVID 19 Outbreak in India Date: Thursday, 8 April 2021 at 3:00 PM IST.
- Prof. Stefan Voigt (University of Hamburg)
Topic : The economics of emergency constitutions – with a special focus on India Date: Thursday, 1 April 2021 at 3:00 PM IST.
- Aaditya Dar (Indian School of Business)
Topic : Irrigation and Structural Transformation: Evidence from India Date: Thursday, 25 March 2021 at 3:30 PM.
- Anisha Sharma (Ashoka University)
Topic : The Unintended Consequences of a Ban on Sex-Selection on the Educational Attainment of Women Date: Thursday, 18 March 2021 at 3:00 PM IST.
- S Anukriti (World Bank)
Topic : Women’s Access to Family Planning: Experimental Evidence on the Role of Peers and Vouchers Date: Thursday, 4 March 2021 at 6:00 PM IST.
- Stefan Klonner (University of Heidelberg)
Topic : On the Origins of Gender-Unequal Social Norms: Unilateral Descent and the Efficient Household Date: Thursday, 25 February 2021 at 3:00 PM IST.
- Sonia Bhalotra (University of Essex)
Topic : Job Displacement, Unemployment Benefits, and Domestic Violence Date: Thursday, 18 February 2021 at 3:00 PM IST.
- Sudipta Sarangi (Virginia Tech, United States)
Topic : Inheritance and Evolution of Networks across Generations Date: Thursday, 11 February 2021 at 6:00 P.M IST.
- Rohit Prasad (Management Development Institute, Gurgaon)
Topic : Redesigning the Market for Distressed Debt in India Date: Thursday, 4 February 2021 at 3:00 PM IST.
- Kala S Sridhar (Institute for Social and Economic Change, Bangalore)
Topic : Understanding the Digital Platform Economy: Effect of Airbnb on Housing in Indian cities Date: Thursday, 14 January 2021 at 3.00 PM
- Dilip Mookherjee (Boston University)
Topic : Political Clientelism in West Bengal: Evidence and Budgetary Implications Date: Friday, 8 January 2021 at 7:30 P.M IST
- Bina Agarwal (University of Manchester, England)
Topic : Which women Own Land in India? Inter-gender and intra-gender gaps Date: Friday, 11 December 2020 at 3:30 P.M.
- Vidhya Soundararajan (Indian Institute of Management Bangalore)
Topic : Import Competition and Formalization of the Workforce Date: Thursday, 3 December 2020 at 3:00 P.M. .
- Swagata Bhattacharjee (Ashoka University)
Topic : Virtue of Simplicity in Asymmetric Auctions Date: Thursday, 26 November 2020 at 3:00 PM .
- Guanghua Wan (Director of the Institute of World Economy, Fudan University, China)
Topic : Income Inequality and Domestic Consumption in China: A Puzzle and an Explanation Date: Thursday, 19 November 2020 at 3:00 PM .
- David Just (Cornell University, New York)
Topic : Consumption and Income Dynamics of the Rural Poor: Evidence for Behavioral Consumption Theories using High-Frequency Household-Level Income-Diary Data in Rural Uganda Date: Thursday, 12 November 2020 at 6:30 PM IST
- Amrita Dhillon (King’s College, London)
Topic : Information Aggregation with Delegation of Votes Date: Thursday, 5 November 2020 at 3:05 P.M.
- Rohini Pande (Yale University)
Topic : On Her Own Account: How Strengthening Women’s Financial Control Impacts Labor Supply and Gender Norms Date: Monday, 19 October 2020 at 6:30 P.M. IST
- Neha Khanna (Binghamton University, New York)
Topic : Public Pressure and Heterogeneous Effects of Voluntary Pollution Regulation Date: On Thursday, 15 Oct 2020 at 6:30 P.M.
- Parimal Bag (National University of Singapore)
Topic : Honesty or Talent? Project Implementation with Possibility of Backstabbing Date: On Thursday, 8 October 2020 at TBA.
- S Chandrasekhar (Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research)
Topic : Household Earnings and Regional Disparities: Insights from PLFS 2018-19 Date: Thursday, 1 October 2020 at 3:05 P.M.
- Kyle Emerick (Tufts University)
Topic : Motivated Information Agents and Technology Adoption in Agriculture Date: On Thursday,17 September 2020 at 3.05 P.M.