|Forthcoming CDE Seminars|
- Souvik Dutta (Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, Delhi)
Topic : Decentralization and Spatial (Mis-)Allocation of Irrigation Water Date: September 22, Thursday at 3:15 to 4:30 PM IST
- Alex M. Thomas (Azim Premji University)
Topic : Recent Histories of Indian Economic Thought: A Critical Survey Date: October 12 , Wednesday 2022 at 3:15 PM IST
- Rajshri Jayaraman (ESMT Berlin and University of Toronto)
Topic : Does Co-Residence With Parents-In-Law Reduce Women’s Employment In India? Date: Thursday, 27 October 2022 at 3:15 PM IST
|Past CDE Seminars|
- Paul Jensen (University of Melbourne)
Topic : The effects of university-industry collaboration subsidies on firm performance Date: 7th September (Wednesday) at 11:30 AM IST
- Asif Khan (University of Basque Country, Spain)
Topic : Valuing individuals’ preferences for air quality improvement in South Delhi: comparing contingent valuation and discrete choice experiment estimates. Date: 1st September ,Thursday 2022
- Tilman Brück (Humboldt-University of Berlin)
Topic : The behavioural and welfare implications of the COVID-19 pandemic in four African countries: New Insights from ‘Life with Corona-Africa’ Date: 26 August ,Friday 2022, 3:30-5:00 PM IST (online)
- Alice Evans (King’s College, London)
Topic : “Ten Thousand Years of Patriarchy” Date: 25 August (Thursday) at 3:05 PM IST
- Public Lecture by Barry Eichengreen (University of California, Berkeley)
Topic : The Stealth of Dollar Dominance Date: Friday, 5 August 2022, at 3:30 – 5:00 PM IST
- David Simpson (American University, Washington DC)
Topic : Lecture Series on the Economics of Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services Date: 8th, 10th, and 12th August 2022, at 3:05 PM IST (offline)
- Anant Sudarshan (University of Chicago)
Topic : The Beneﬁts and Costs of Emissions Trading: Experimental Evidence from a New Market for Industrial Particulate Emissions Date: 29 July 2022 Friday at 4:30 PM IST
- Dripto Bakshi (IIT-Kharagpur)
Topic : Endogenous Transfers, Inequality and Conflict Intensity in a Network of Contesting Agents Date: 28 July, Thursday at 3:05 PM IST
- Santanu Roy (Southern Methodist University)
Topic : Repeated Trading: Transparency and Market Structure Date: 21 July 2022 Thursday at 3:05 PM IST
- Siddhartha Chattopadhyay (IIT Kharagpur)
Topic : Revisiting the Mankiw-Romer-Weil results using an instrumental variables approach Date: June 30, Thursday at 3:05 PM IST (offline)
- Hans Timmer and Dhruv Sharma
Topic : South Asia and Indian Economic update Date: June 2, Thursday at 3:05 PM IST (offline)
- Salman Haider (Delhi School of Economics)
Topic : Explaining household expenditure on cooking fuel: Role of income and socio-economic status Date: June 1, Wednesday at 3:05 PM IST (offline)
- Manoj Pant (ex-CITD, JNU)
Topic : Global Growth and Development: Why Emerging Countries Matter? Date: May 26, Thursday at 3:005 PM IST (online)
- Kartik Misra (Sewanee: The University of the South)
Topic : To Reform and to Procure: An Analysis of the Role of the State and the Market in Indian Agriculture Date: May 19, Thursday at 3:05 PM IST,
- Devesh Roy (IFPRI)
Topic : Farm outcomes in Bihar: Impacts of reforms and other things including public programs Date: Friday, May 13, 2022, 3:30 – 5:00 PM IST.
- Sutirtha Sinha Roy and Roy van der Weide
Topic : Poverty in India Has Declined over the Last Decade But Not As Much As Previously Thought Date: May 12, Thursday at 3:05 PM IST, (offline)
- Prof. Kenmai Tsubota, University of Toyo and Institute of Development Economics, Chiba, Tokyo
Topic : Economic and Environmental Impacts of Dedicated Freight Corridors in India Date: May 11 , Wednesday at 3:05 PM IST.(offline)
- Anirban Kar and Dr Sugata Bag (Delhi school of Economics)
Topic : Made in Heaven, Matched by Parents” : Does Arranged Marriage Restrict Labour Market Autonomy and Participation of Women? Theory and Evidence from India Date: April 7, Thursday at 3:05 PM IST, (offline)
- Dr. Sanjay R. Singh (University of California)
Topic : The long-run effects of monetary policy Date: April 1, Friday at 8 PM IST .
- Alex M. Thomas (Azim Premji University).
Topic : Economic Crises and/in Economics Education Date: Thursday, 17th March 2022 at 3:05 PM IST .
- Devika Dutt (University of Southern California in Los Angeles, California)
Topic : Exorbitant Privilege or Ultimate Responsibility: Access to the International Lender of Last Resort Date: Thursday, 10th February, 2022 at 3:05 PM IST.
- Ranjan Ray (Monash University, Australia)
Topic : Can Cultural Links and Shared Language Transcend Country Divide? Evidence from West Bengal (India) and East Bengal (Bangladesh) on Fertility Rates Date: Thursday, 24 February, 2022 at 3:05 – 4:35 PM IST.
- Ruhi Sonal (IIT Jodhpur)
Topic : Sequential Entry and Perfect Equilibrium Date: Thursday, 13 January, 2022 at 3:05 PM IST.
- Rohit Azad (Jawaharlal Nehru University)
Topic : The Indian Green Deal Date: Thursday, 6th January, 2022, at 3.05 PM IST.
- Dr. Srishti Yadav (Department of Economics, University of Manitoba, Canada)
Topic : Caste, Diversification, and the Contemporary Agrarian Question in India: A Field Perspective Date: Thursday, 30 December 2021 at 4:00 PM IST.
- Sujata Visaria (Hong Kong University of Science & Technology)
Topic : Clientelism and Ideology: The Rise of Hindu Nationalist Politics in a Former Left Stronghold Date: Friday, 10 December 2021 at 3:30 PM IST.
- Anjali Priya Verma (Department of Economics, The University of Texas at Austin)
Topic : Disruptive Interactions: Long-run Peer Effects of Disciplinary Schools Date: Thursday, 2 December 2021, 6:00 PM IST.
- Ms. Mrinalini Jha (Post-Doctoral Fellow,Azim Premji University) and Mr. Rahul Lahoti (Researcher, ETH Zürich)
Topic : “Who was Impacted and How? Poverty and Inequality in Covid times in India” Date: Thursday, 28 October 2021 at 3:30 PM IST.
- Sam Asher (Johns Hopkins University)
Topic : The Long-run Development Impacts of Agricultural Productivity Gains: Evidence from Irrigation Canals in India Date: Friday, October 1, 2021 | 10.00 – 11:30 AM IST.
- Debopam Bhattacharya (University of Cambridge)
Topic : Incorporating Social Welfare in Program: Evaluation and Treatment Choice Date: Friday, September 17, 2021 at 3.30 PM IST.