|Forthcoming CDE Seminars|
- Sudipta Sarangi (Virginia Tech, United States)
Topic : Inheritance and Evolution of Networks across Generations Date: Thursday, 11 February 2021 at 6:00 P.M IST.
|Past CDE Seminars|
- Kala S Sridhar (Institute for Social and Economic Change, Bangalore)
Topic : Understanding the Digital Platform Economy: Effect of Airbnb on Housing in Indian cities Date: Thursday, 14 January 2021 at 3.00 PM
- Dilip Mookherjee (Boston University)
Topic : Political Clientelism in West Bengal: Evidence and Budgetary Implications Date: Friday, 8 January 2021 at 7:30 P.M IST
- Bina Agarwal (University of Manchester, England)
Topic : Which women Own Land in India? Inter-gender and intra-gender gaps Date: Friday, 11 December 2020 at 3:30 P.M.
- Vidhya Soundararajan (Indian Institute of Management Bangalore)
Topic : Import Competition and Formalization of the Workforce Date: Thursday, 3 December 2020 at 3:00 P.M. .
- Swagata Bhattacharjee (Ashoka University)
Topic : Virtue of Simplicity in Asymmetric Auctions Date: Thursday, 26 November 2020 at 3:00 PM .
- Guanghua Wan (Director of the Institute of World Economy, Fudan University, China)
Topic : Income Inequality and Domestic Consumption in China: A Puzzle and an Explanation Date: Thursday, 19 November 2020 at 3:00 PM .
- Amrita Dhillon (King’s College, London)
Topic : Information Aggregation with Delegation of Votes Date: Thursday, 5 November 2020 at 3:05 P.M.
- David Just (Cornell University, New York)
Topic : Consumption and Income Dynamics of the Rural Poor: Evidence for Behavioral Consumption Theories using High-Frequency Household-Level Income-Diary Data in Rural Uganda Date: Thursday, 12 November 2020 at 6:30 PM IST
- Rohini Pande (Yale University)
Topic : On Her Own Account: How Strengthening Women’s Financial Control Impacts Labor Supply and Gender Norms Date: Monday, 19 October 2020 at 6:30 P.M. IST
- Neha Khanna (Binghamton University, New York)
Topic : Public Pressure and Heterogeneous Effects of Voluntary Pollution Regulation Date: On Thursday, 15 Oct 2020 at 6:30 P.M.
- Parimal Bag (National University of Singapore)
Topic : Honesty or Talent? Project Implementation with Possibility of Backstabbing Date: On Thursday, 8 October 2020 at TBA.
- S Chandrasekhar (Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research)
Topic : Household Earnings and Regional Disparities: Insights from PLFS 2018-19 Date: Thursday, 1 October 2020 at 3:05 P.M.
- Kyle Emerick (Tufts University)
Topic : Motivated Information Agents and Technology Adoption in Agriculture Date: On Thursday,17 September 2020 at 3.05 P.M.
- Ashwini Deshpande (Ashoka University)
Topic : Which Indian Children are Short and Why? The Indian Enigma, Social Identity, and Childhood Malnutrition Date: On Thursday, 27 August 2020 at 3:05 P.M.
- Abhiroop Mukhopadhyay (Indian Statistical Institute, Delhi)
Topic : Trust thy Neighbour?: Evidence from Partition of India. Date: On Thursday, 20 August 2020 at 3:05 P.M.
- Sumit Guha (University of Texas, Austin)
Topic : Plagues and Panics: Social organization, information systems, and disease outbreaks. Date: On Thursday, 13 August 2020 at 5:30 P.M.
- Public Lecture by Prof. Viral V. Acharya (NYU-Stern)
Topic : Fiscal Dominance: A Theory of Everything in India. Date: Thursday, 6th August 2020 at 6:30 PM IST
- Ashima Goyal (IGIDR)
Topic : Post Covid-19: Recovering and Sustaining India’s Growth. Date: Thursday, 30 July 2020 at 3:00 P.M.
- Public Lecture by Professor Pami Dua (Member, Monetary Policy Committee and Professor, Delhi School of Economics)
Topic : Monetary Policy Framework in India. Date: Thursday, February 27, 2020 at 3:05 P.M
- Dyotona Das Gupta (Delhi School of Economics)
Topic : A Theory of Progressive Lending. Date: Thursday, February 20 2020 at 3:05 P.M
- Anindya S. Chakrabarti (Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad)
Topic : The “My Name is Khan” Effect: Unexpected Celebrity Destigmatization and Pharmaceutical Demand Spillovers. Date: Thursday, 13 February 2020 at 3:05 P.M
- Ritesh Jain (Institute of Economics, Academia Sinica)
Topic : Rationalizable Implementation of Social Choice Correspondence. Date: Thursday, February 6 2020 at 3:05 P.M
- Girish Bahal (University of Western Australia)
Topic : When firms matter: Propagation of firm-level shocks through production networks. Date: Friday, January 31 2020 at 3:05 P.M
- SAM ASHER (Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies)
Topic : Intergenerational Mobility in India: Estimates from New Methods and Administrative Data. Date: Friday, 24 January 2020 at 3:05 P.M
- Travis J Lybbert (University of California, Davis)
Topic : Can Hope Elevate Microfinance? Evidence from Oaxaca, Mexico. Date: Monday, 20 January 2020 at 3:05 P.M
- Sonalde Desai(NCAER and University of Maryland)
Topic : Neither at Home, Nor in the Market: Low Returns to Women’s Education in India. Date: Thursday, 16 January 2020 at 3:05 P.M
- Gaurav Dutt (Monash University)
Topic : Distribution-Sensitive Multidimensional Poverty Measures. Date: Thursday, 9 January 2020 at 3:05 P.M
- Sumantra Pal (Ministry of Finance)
Topic : Social Norms, Women’s Status and Gender Differences in Competitiveness: Evidence from Field Experiments in India’s Northeast. Date: Thursday, 2 January 2020 at 3:05 P.M
- Varsha S. Kulkarni (Harvard University)
Topic : The Impact of Monetary Policy in a Dual Economy . Date: Thursday, 5 December 2019 at 3:05 P.M
- Farzana Afridi (Indian Statistical Institute, Delhi)
Topic : The Ties that Bind Us: Social Networks and Productivity in the Factory. Date: Thursday, 14th November 2019 at 3:05 PM