Ram Singh : Research
Ongoing Research/Working Papers:
- “Does choice of procurement contract matter for cost and quality of infrastructure?” International Growth Centre, London School of Economics, Working Paper, No S-89209-INC-2
- “Public Private Partnerships Vs. Traditional Contracts” Centre for Development Economics, Working Paper No.290
- “On Existence and Properties of Pure-strategy Equilibria under Contests“, Centre for Development Economics, Working Paper No.288; Web-index for this paper
- “Bargaining and Litigation of Compensation under Eminent Domain”. Work in progress.
- “Incomplete Contracts, Renegotiations and Cost Overruns” Work in progress.
- “Public Private Partnerships in India: Key Legal and Economic Determinants” CDDRL, Stanford University, Working Paper
- “On the Existence and Efficiency of Equilibria under Liability Rules”, National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER), Cambridge M.A., Working Papers No 12625
- “Relationship between Liability Regimes and Economic Development: A Study of Motor Vehicle Accidents in India.” Centre for the Study of Law and Governance, Jawaharlal Nehru University, Working Paper No CSLG/WP/09/03
- ‘Public–private Partnerships vs. Traditional Contracts for Highways: Comparison of cost and quality of roads’ forthcoming in the Indian Economic Review Working paper version
- “Takings of Land by Self-interested Governments: Economic Analysis of Eminent Domain”, (with H-B Schäfer) Journal of Law and Economics, 2018, Vol 61(3), pp 427-459, Working Paper Version
- “Existence and Efficiency of Equilibria: When care is multidimensional”, Themes in Economic Analysis Routledge, New Delhi 2015.
- “Infrastructure: Source of growth or bottleneck?” (with Param Jit) in The Oxford Handbook of the Indian Economy, Oxford University Press, Delhi, 2014.
- “Land Acquisition: Abuses and Inefficiency“, Economic and Political Weekly. 2012, Vol XLVII(19),pp 46-53.
- “A Simple Guide to Comparative Vigilance” (with Allan Feldman), in the Asian Journal of Law and Economics, 2011 Vol 2(3), pp 1-24.
- “Determinants of Cost Overruns in Public Procurement of Infrastructure: Roads and Railways” in the India Policy Forum, 2010-11, Vol 7, pp 97-158.
- “The Efficiency of Comparative Causation” (with Francesco Parisi) in the Review of Law and Economics, 2010 Vol. 6(2), pp. 219-245.
- “Delays and Cost Overruns in Infrastructure Projects: Extents, Causes and Remedies” in the Economic and Political Weekly, 2010, Vol XLV No 21, pages 43-54[ Also see “What’s Holding Up New Highways, Airports?” (a write up on this paper) in THE WALL STREET JOURNAL ]
- “Comparative Vigilance” (with Allan Feldman), in American Law and Economics Review, 2009 (11), pp. 134-161.
- “Risk, Informational Asymmetry and Product Liability: An enquiry into conflicting objectives” in Pacific Economic Review, 2009 (14), pp. 89-112.
- “Comparative Causation and Economic Efficiency: When activity level are constant” in Review of Law and Economics, 2007 (3), pp. 383-406.
- “‘Causation-consistent’ liability, Economic Efficiency and the Law of Torts” in International Review of Law and Economics, 2007 (27), pp. 179-203.
- Review of “Markets and Governments” in Indian Economic Review, 2007 XXXXII.
- “Liability Rules in India” in Oxford Companion to Economics in India, Kaushik Basu (editor), Oxford University Press, Delhi, 2007.
- “Efficiency characterization of liability rules when liability payments differ from the actual harm” in Journal of Quantitative Economics, 2005 Vol 19 (2).
- “‘Full’ Compensation Criteria: An Enquiry into Relative Merits” in European Journal of Law and Economics, 2004, Vol. 18 pp. 223-237.
- “Economics of Judicial Decision Making in Indian Tort Law: Motor Accident Cases” (special article) in Economic and Political Weekly, 2004, Vol. 39 ( 25), pp. 2603-2616.
- “Efficiency of ‘simple’ liability rules when courts make erroneous estimation of the damage“, in European Journal of Law and Economics, 2003, Vol. 16.
- “Efficient liability rules: Complete characterization“, (with Satish K. Jain) in Journal of Economics, 2002, Vol. 75, pp. 39-58.
- “Implementation of TRIPS-compatible Intellectual Property Rights regime: The Justification Question“, in Social Scientist, 2002, Vol. 30. http://dsal.uchicago.edu/books/socialscientist/
- ‘Economic Efficiency‘ In: Marciano A., Ramello G. (eds) Encyclopedia of Law and Economics. Springer, New York, NY, (2018).